Yves Saint Laurent Couture | Beauty

01:06

Yves Saint Laurent Couture 


Hey everyone,

Last week I received an invitation to attend a master class with my favourite Make Up Artist and Yves Saint Laurent's very own Fred Letailleur. Fred is on Twitter! 
Fred has created timeless looks on the faces of many beautiful stars like Cara Delevigne and more recently little old me!
The class was to celebrate YSL's False Lash Mascara's 15th anniversary and to launch the brand new Couture Variation Palette and eye primers that everyone has been talking about. Shhh... The mascara has been remastered and refreshed for the day that's in it you know!


I jumped at the chance to allow Fred to recreate Cara's look on me. I couldn't get over how simple it was to recreate the look and how well it suited me!! I've an inner rock chick hidden in there somewhere!! You will get to meet her soon as I want to take some pictures of the recreated look once I get around to it.. :)

Now for the part you were actually waiting for!

YSL Couture Variation 10- Colour Eye Palette

10 Shades ranging from Light to Dark. There are 7 frost colours and 3 matte. The palette has been made to such a high standard. In my opinion the quality of the pigments would match or better the Urban Decay palettes. Retails at €58 and worth every cent! 

Before I forget, the brush that comes with the palette is a keeper! Fred used the brush from the palette to blend out the crease and wow.... Just remember I told you so!

Also exclusively at Debenhans you can pick up the Colour Variation Tuxedo Palette 2! Click here for more information.


Couture Eye Primers


The primers come in two shades- 1 Fair and 2 Medium. 
Fred used shade 1and 2 to contour the eye socket and act as a base to eye shadow. These primers are so versatile, you can even use it as a cream highlight!

I took home the second shade and have used it along with the palette to create some beautiful long lasting looks! Yes it really does help the shadow stay in place and NO there is no creasing!
(I am proud to say after 15 hours wearing today's make up!) Primer retails at €28.



YSL False Lash Mascara

This mascara as you know is the big 1-5! YSL reformulated the mascara to give it a little lift. I love seeing new life and love put into old products. It really shows a brands commitment to a product! More power to them! 
I love this mascara. Some mascaras are just not worth the hype. I am happy to say that this one is and then some. It gave my lashes a beautiful thick coating and even my bottom lashes got to see some action. Mascara retails at €32.50.




Will you be investing in a palette?

Volumpte Tint - In - Oil

Since the event I have gone back to YSL to pick up their new TINT IN OIL gloss NO:4 which is the same one used on Cara at the shoot. I am not normally a fan of glosses but Jesus this is amazing.
It is not drying on the lips, is packed with colour and it is moisturising too! There are 8 shades altogether and smell like juicy mangoes! Devine! The Tint In Oil glosses retail at €27.

FYI - The pictures below show:The pay off on the lips after 2-3 coats, Second picture shows me putting on the gloss..(No wands were harmed/eaten during the photoshoot! :D) and the third shows the gloss with one coat. No filters or photo shop, just great lighting for the most part!  I aint a model let me tell ya!!!!



See you next time,

Love Louise xxxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments