My Contouring Journey |Beauty

12:00

My Contouring Journey

Hey everyone!


One of my biggest insecurities is the weight on my face and I just love how clever contouring can really make a difference in how I see myself making me feel more confident.

I am not ashamed to admit I have been through the mill when it comes to the racing strips that seems to end up on my face (not as much any more thank god). 
Creating the perfect contoured look became an obsession during and after studying make up. I over thought the layout, put way too much on, then not enough. I used the wrong colours!!!! Tell me I'm not on my own here! LOL. 

After a lot of YouTube videos and through blogging believe it or not, I eventually relaxed on the aul destruction path I was on and out of nowhere came effortlessly beautiful contouring...
Sculpting Kit -Shade 2 Neutral Light 



Well better than before anyway :)

I realised that I was putting way too much pressure on myself to have cheekbones like the cool skinny girls. So I decided to start investing in good products that suited me! I bought some decent brushes to apply said products and the rest they say is history...

I prefer powders for contouring over creams as I just find powder easier to work with. My favourite powder by far comes from Make Up Forever. At €36.50 the Sculpting Kit is at the higher end of the price scale but you get a lot for your money. 

You get a contour colour and a highlighter (2 * 5.5g). Both powders are super pigmented so you only lightly run brush over product and then you still have to tap off the excess. There are 4 shades altogether to suit paler skin tones to Afro skin tones. I use the shade No. 2 and it looks great on. 




To highlight I like to use Charlotte Tilbury Re Toucher in Fair. I prefer to have a subtle but dewy highlight for every day wear and then more shimmers for a night out.

I use the same brush to contour and highlight from Irish brand Nima. This slanted contour kabuki brush is amazing. It is made from high grade Taklon (the exact same material as the real technique brushes) and retails at €18. It fits the contours of the face perfectly, is easy to keep clean and I have had this brush for over a year now and it is still going strong! Keep an eye out for a review soon! :)

Love Louise xxx

Charlotte Tilbury - Retoucher Shade: Fair
Nima Contour Kabuki Brush

Sculpting Kit - Shade 2 Neutral Light


You Might Also Like

0 comments