Irish Beauty Show RDS 8-9 March 2015 | Beauty

01:50



Hey everyone!
My love for these trade shows began a few years ago when I was new to the make up world and still hadn't a breeze what to do with eye brushes... I discovered a new world at the first show I ever attended. With the floor map in one hand and my purse in the other I spent hours wandering around a heaving RDS spending time looking at what the stalls had to offer.
I found some amazing brands that day that I still swear by 3 years on.

The Irish beauty show hosts some of the biggest names in beauty but also the smaller brands that you would not normally see on the shelves in boots. They also have Nail art competitions and seminars over the two days that are so beneficial.

I have put together a list of my Top 10 favourite brands that you should not go home without visiting this weekend!

10 - Dream Dots for Spots

This is a new brand for me. I picked up a sample recently and I was pretty impressed. Dream dots are literally clear patches that you place over your blemish over night. I broke out around my nose due to a flu and it cleared a humdinger for me so well worth a bash if your interested in checking them out.

9 - Flair Hair and Beauty Supplies

I have shopped in a number of suppliers over the last few years but Flair just blow me away with their reasonable pricing and product selection. They are the Irish version of Sally's in UK but cheaper. If you are looking to pick up supplies then check these out.

8- The Beauty School (HD Brows)

The girls at The Beauty School are great. They opened another centre in Cork last year which is testament to the fact that groomed brows are going nowhere! They also offer courses for the body wraps! 

7- Young Nails

This company offers training in Nail application in their Blanchardstown training centre. I have always been interested in nail art (never got around to training). Young Nails are down the road from me and are one of the cheapest course operators. They have some great reviews too. Young Nails offer training on Callus Peel too.

6 - Cocoa Brown Tan

Cocoa Black as we call it at home is one of THE BEST tans around and I am so happy for Marissa and the team that they are now selling state side! I was in Scotland recently and went for spray tan, the technician and i got talking (as we beauty  mad people do) about tans in Ireland and I raved so much about Cocoa Brown that she went on line as my tan was drying to price for her salon! 

5- CND Shellac 

Shellac seems to a firm favourite with the Irish public as a cheaper alternative to false nails. It is a polish that lasts weeks and nowhere near as harmful to nail bed as acrylic or gels. I have brittle nails so shellac is the way forward for me. There are always deals on the stand at time.

4- He - Shi Tan

I really considered putting Cocoa here. I love Cocoa Brown for the instant tan and spray tan but He -Shi is amazing for personal use wear off tan. I wore He - Shi tan on my wedding day and couldn't get over how beautiful it looked and the wear off is decent too. If you haven't tried He - Shi yet don't be put off by the price tag. You wont regret the purchase!

3 - Waxperts

Ellen Kavanagh like Marissa Carter from Cocoa Brown Tan started her business from her salon. Waxperts is an Irish owned company.
The wax is easy to use, suitable for sensitive skin and formulated to work on the most stubborn hairs. Have a look out for the stand, the girls do demo's of the wax at work. They also have a cool product that gets rid of ingrown hairs you should look out for.

2 - Nima Brush

Nima is another Irish brand! Flying the flag for the Paddy's today! Niamh Martin is a make up artist and teacher who created her own line of brushes. There is a 10% discount all year round for students on the website. I have three brushes from Nima's Elite Collection - Contour, Blush and a stippling brush. Nima has a mixture of real squirrel hair and high grade taklon brushes. Really affordable and durable. Oh and Nima also has a world famous mitt that you need in your life. Currently on special offer for €5 the Nima Mitt is a mitt that you use to remove all make up. The only extra you need is some water. Who needs cleanser????

1 - Blank Canvas Cosmetics

I love the F20 brush from Blank Canvas Cosmetics. It is a buffer brush. I have had mine well over a year now.I have put it through the wars. It washes well as is made from high grade taklon, blends beautifully and I prefer it to all my Real Technique brushes. I have a big fluffy brush that i love for highlight too. Really really affordable brushes and great quality. GO!



If you haven't gone to one of these shows and you are around the Dublin area this weekend it is well worth the journey. Free tickets are available if you pre register here - irishbeauty.

Click here for Floor Plan and List of exhibitors. Click here to register for tickets.

Love Louise xxxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments