Irish Beauty Show - The aftermath | Beauty

10:44

Hey everyone!

So the other day I mentioned I was going to head into the Beauty Show in the RDS, Dublin. I gave you my top 10 places to check out. Have a look here if you want to catch up.

I thought I would show you what I bought and give my thoughts on the event. I will get the ramble out of the way first!

Gemma (sissy) and I got to the RDS at about 10:00. I thought by getting in and out early we would be safe from crowds. We were wrong! It took about an hour to get into carpark and then into venue!

Out of the hundreds of exhibitors the ones I really wanted to visit for brushes were Crown and Blank Canvas Cosmetics. They had three deep queues around their whole stand. I couldn't have been bothered waiting around the stand so I went on the hunt for another company with equally good quality brushes. I wasn't disappointed :).

We took a trip to see our friends in Cocoa Brown and Nima Brush! Delighted to see them busy promoting their amazing brands! At about 13:00 we decided to admit defeat and dragged our weary legs home with a bag full of goodies and some new contacts!

So without further ado let's get down to business!
Love Louise xxxx

Benefit WEBSITE

They were holding first round interviews for all sorts of positions at their stand! I thought that was a fantastic and really creative way to interact with their targeted potential employees. 
Gemma had a chat with the recruitment team and I passed the time by drooling over the products they had on sale. I picked up the new rollerlash mascara that everyone has been raving about! 
The wand has little hooks that grab onto your lash and pull upwards. This means you don't really need to curl your lashes pre application. A review is coming to you very soon my friends.



Cocoa Brown WEBSITE

what's not to love about this tan? Marissa Carter and her team of amazing girls have been busy taking over the beauty world this last year. Did you know Cocoa Brown is now sold in Ricky's across the USA and recently announced they are now available in Tesco stores across the UK. Well done girls!
I picked up two bottles of One hour tan for €10. Bargain!

 Vivre Beauty Supplies

Not alot of information for you about this place. We picked up three packets of individual lashes for €8. I picked up a thimble (€1.50) for eyebrow tinting and Gemma picked up a little ring that you can pour lash glue into (€2).These were my favourite buys to be honest. Even though they cost next to nothing they are time savers for the future. :)






 











Laurens Way Tan | Plump & Pout WEBSITE

I actually approached this stand to see if I could pick up some of the LW tan to try out. They were selling the Plump & Pout gloss in natural. I wasn't very impressed with the sales person and personally I think there are much better value lip plump glosses on the market but I was sold when my lips increased in size. This is a purchase I kind of wish I didn't make especially after Gemma accidently released most of the plump serum from a syringe that comes with the gloss.. 
I will give my opinion on the tan later so hopefully all is not lost. :)

The gloss was €20 on offer (I know ridiculous money!) and the tan was free as a trial sample.






















Powder N Pout WEBSITE

I am saving the best till last here. I am so excited about this brand! As I mentioned earlier Crown and Blank Canvas were packed and I needed brushes so I wanted to look out for other companies. Powder N Pout were at a stall right at the back of the venue. The minute I seen the brushes and the prices I was sold! The brushes are mainly synthetic but the main face brushes are duo fibre with mixture of goat hair and synthetic. The owner formerly worked for MAC so she knows a thing or two about brush quality. I had the pleasure of getting to speak to the team about the brushes and picked out two brushes that I am dying to review.
I purchased a duo stippling short brush (€9.99). I will use this brush for cream concealers and highlighting. I also purchased a flat contour brush (€14.99) for sculpting. I love me some cheekbones :P



Duo Stippling Brush (Goat Hair and Synthetic fibre) 



The Flat Contour (Synthetic fibre)

You Might Also Like

0 comments