Lessons of love with Mac

00:14

Hey everyone!

I decided to book myself into a personal lesson with Linda (MAC BT2, Blanchardstown).
She went through step by step guide on a day look that can be jazzed up to an evening look in seconds! Sounds great right! I will warn you before I carry on, this may be a long post.. It is sooooo worth it though! Promise!!! I'm already editing as we speak... So lets get cracking! I have linked as many products as I could to MAC website for reference... !!!

Products used

  • Prep & Prime Natural Radiance Skin Base
  • Mineralize Powders to set concealer and eye base and contour
  • Prolong Wear Concealer in NW25
  • Two Eyeshadows. Base was Amber Lights, Crease was Folie
  • Fluidline in Dipdown
  • Brow Pencil in Lingering
  • Extended Play Lash Mascara
  • Highlighter in Pearl
  • Lip Liner in Boldly Bare
  • Cremesheen Glass
Brushes Used


  • Flat Foundation Brush
  • 239 Flat Shader Brush
  • 266 Angle liner Brush
  • 168 Contour Brush

Step 1 - The Skin Base

Left side of my face has just primer. Look how amazing that is
















I have dehydrated skin that needs lots of moisture but very few blemishes so we decided to go for a natural flawless look. Firstly a gift  from God was applied to my face. 
 is a hydrating gel that is applied to face as a primer but also evens out skin tone immediately and the colour disappears on application so suitable for all skin tones. 
It Contains lots of lovely vitamins to protect your skin but also has some pearl powder that brightens skin!  It costs roughly €38 but you get a 50ml bottle for that and it will last you ages!!! I am obsessed with this now and cannot wait to get paid to buy myself a bottle!!!

Step 2 - The Eyes

Using the 239 Shader Brush, Linda applied a sweep of Mineralize Powder all over my lid and up to brow bone. This acts as a base and stops creasing. Then to add some definition before applying colour she added an orange tone powder to my crease winging the shadow out to the edge of my eye. This is not noticeable but is used to act as a 'canvas'! 

Amber Lights (Frost) was pressed onto my lid and lightly softened at crease. Then using the same 239 brush and having me look straight ahead Linda applied Folie (Satin) to my crease, going heavy at outer corner and allowing the colour to lighten the further inwards she went. 

Next using her 266 Angle Brush she added the Dipdown liner and brought as close to lash line as possible and gave me a small flick at edges. Lashings of mascara was added after and a quick liner of both folie and amber lights were applied beneath my lower lash line for the lolz...

Here's a tip.. When applying gel or fluid liners make sure you use a liner brush as opposed to a fine liner brush and allow the brush to do the work. Imagine connecting the dots... So follow the line of your eye and start from outer corner and end at inner corner of eye. Add flick as needed after!

I remember from my college work that the best way to see what colours suit and eye colour you can use a colour wheel and what ever is on opposite side will suit the colour. Eg I have blue/ green eyes so I Know browns, oranges, golds will make my eyes pop! Try it out for yourself!

 Step 3 - The Skin Finish

I was slightly embarrassed at myself by this stage as I was seriously in love with myself and nothing had been applied yet to my skin! My eyes looked like I had contact lenses and Linda did such an amazing job! She likes to leave the skin until last so as not to have any fall down to clean up after eyeshadow application..
Using her flat foundation brush and starting from my nose out Linda used tiny amounts of Prolongwear Concealer in NW 25 to cover my face. Took two minutes!

Using her 168 Contour Brush and the same Mineralize powder as earlier she went to work contouring the life out of me! She applied to cheekbones, along the jawline and down my neck, to the temples and across the forehead.. Basically everywhere! Damn round face! 

Then came my favourite part of the routine... Highlighter in Pearl was lovingly applied to my nose, just above the between my brows.. (speak English? lol sorry) under brow bone and upper lip.

Step 4 - The Finale  or Lips....

Lastly (or finally says you and Linda's back) we got the smackers doing some work.. 
Linda applied some Lip Liner in Boldly Bare and then some Cremesheen Glass Lipgloss in a nude colour that worked a treat!

To bring me from day to night we applied some more Dipdown into my water line...

So It has taken me a few days to get this post up but for good reason. I had such fun with my lesson. I purchased three items on the day. The concealer, eye liner and i wanted to pick up amber lights but they were sold out. I picked up another shade though in Sable which does the job.

I spent €48 in total and as you can see from this post received a wealth of knowledge! Seriously I don't think i have ever received such good customer service not just from Linda but all the girls and guys working in MAC, Blanchardstown. If you are like me and want to update your skills or are a complete novice then spending and hour with a qualified artist is well worth the money and you get to take it all home with you!!

I hope you enjoyed this post and I am looking forward to going back again soon for more advice!

Louise xxxx
Recreated look on myself and Gemma.. Sweaty bettys

The finished look



You Might Also Like

0 comments