Our trip to Newcastle October 2013

07:00

Hey everyone!

A few weeks ago myself and Gemma went on a trip to Newcastle. I have always wanted to go and after the ordeal of the last six months with the cancer battle I thought I was well over due a break away. It is also gemma's 21st birthday soon so we used her birthday as an excuse too! hehe

Adding to my portfolio. lol
He's famous hun!







Flying away
We flew with Ryanair and took the first flight in the morning at 7am. I was exhausted, As a sky employee we were given complimentary tickets to The Late Late show at RTE so the night before we flew I was there until 1am!It was a great night though so I'm not complaining! It was more the 2 hours sleep I had before the flight that killed me!
We decided to check in a bag! I forgot to check the bag return online so had to spend €60 to check the bag at the desk.. I was sick but sure It was my own fault.

I was asleep. Gemma had some fun!
Sister time



Entrance to Hotel from the Carpark

We stayed in a hotel right in the middle of Newcastle city centre called the Newgate Hotel. It is stag and hen friendly so the place was mental all Saturday. The hotel is above a Topless club and there is only a staircase that brings you to reception. We were a little overwhelmed to say the least when we arrived. Talk about sleazy! The staff were so lovely. They allowed us to check in a few hours early so we went straight to the room to recoup and take in the surroundings.


The room itself smelled musty, the windows would not open and the room was not as clean as you would expect. There was food on the windowsill. I actually wanted to go and buy some cleaning products and clean down the room before we settled.
The walls are paper thin so it is not somewhere you would want to go to have a quiet night sleep.!!
The room was not all that bad though. There was at least 3 large mirrors in the room and plenty of plug sockets. The bed was the comfiest bed I've slept in for a long time and the bath was fabulous!

Also as mentioned earlier the hotel is right in the middle of the centre. Just outside the front door to the left was The Gate. It is like a shopping centre with pubs and restaurants! It is right next to Tiger Tiger on Newgate Street. We went to a cocktail bar called Label that had some great specials.
We then went to a few places around the city, we just can't remember the names!

St James Park
The next day we spent some time sightseeing! We went on the big red bus finally!!! It cost £10 and well worth the money! The bus brought us up to St James Park, the Quayside and past alot of old buildings. Newcastle has some amazing history!
Afterwards we went shopping! I'll do another post on what I bought but I picked up some bargains!!! We had a calmer night on Sunday but still had a lovely time. The hotel had calmed down at this stage and the whole atmosphere was nicer. I wish it was like that when we arrived. I would have felt safer altogether!

Central Station
We went home Monday morning and the travel to the airport was grand, A few delays but the metro system is great. It brings you straight to the airport and only costs £3.60 one way, much cheaper than a taxi!

I had a fantastic time in Newcastle and fell in love with the Geordies!We are going back in January and will be stopping by South shields so I can visit the Catherine Cookson Museum! Cookson is an author who wrote stories based in Newcastle and Northumberland set in 1800's.

Where is your favourite place to go in Newcastle?

Louise xxxx













You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love the Metro Centre in Newcastle for the best shopping. It's huuuuuge!

    ReplyDelete